Thursday, March 19, 2009

Can't Move

I have been at home adjusting and learning how to live with the halo. I am so surprised how much I cannot move. I guess we take everything for granted and now that I have no mobility in my neck and back I really feel helpless. 

It's not as bleak as you think, I am learning new things everyday and things are getting easier. I just need to learn how to dress and wear clothes that will fit and look somewhat normal. Never thought I would say this, but I would love to wear a bra (never thought I would say that!). 

Im looking to connect with other halo wearers, I have found two other blogs and reached out to them. Hoping to make friends to help me make it through. 

Thanks for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. My wife said you emailed her about clothes. I hope that helps. She or I can explain in more detail if you have any other questions. I know it was a challenge for her when she couldn't wear anything she used to.

    Initially, I had to help her with almost everything. She progressed to the point I only needed to help with the top that we put under the vest.

    Good luck and swift healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue. It`s definately awkward to move in a halo brace, especially at first. You will find though that everyday, something gets a little bit easier to do. You will also adjust to the weight, and although you will always feel it, you will notice it less and less. Take care.

    ReplyDelete